call us: 207-620-6169
AXCESSRESCUE HAS RE-DEFINED THE MEANING OF WORK AT HEIGHT TRAINING. THE FOCUS IS ON YOU, OUR STUDENTS.
WE ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT WE DO.
What is special about AxcessRescue?
AxcessRescue provides industrial safety and rescue, rope access, competent climber, work at height, and tower access training to those who want to solve operational issues effectively and efficiently with simple rigging solutions in order to perform work or rescue those in need. We firmly believe companies and individuals seek training that is better than what is commonly available.
We provide simple, focused training that fulfills needs without overwhelming students with needless information. Our training is not based on unrealistic what-if scenarios. It is designed to provide the student with the real skills needed to complete the task at hand.
AxcessRescue is about you.
We have re-defined training to focus on the student.
We have changed safety and work at height training by providing courses that present material that is developed with the employer and employees to specifically meet worker needs. Our training is objective based, complete training designed by adult learning professionals. We are the only IACET accredited primary rope access trainer in the world. IACET accreditation represents proof that AxcessRescue complies with and is truly qualified to offer adult training courses following ANSI Z490 training standards. Most other trainers do not meet these qualifications.
Our programs are all about students achieving high levels of proficiency in their abilities to safely perform in intense, high-pressure work and rescue environments. We present techniques specifically designed to meet extraordinary situations which give students retainable, simple, realistic solutions to their needs that are adaptable to solve various problems that may arise during work and rescue operations.
All our instructors are highly trained, certified, and qualified professionals. All have a minimum of 15 years of extremely wide ranging experience including fire/rescue, industrial safety and rescue, rope access, work at height, tower and wind turbine rescue, confined space rescue, cave rescue, mountain and wilderness rescue, urban rescue, and most importantly, adult education. We are the most experienced team of instructors available today in one place. We pride ourselves on our diversity and continuously train together and maintain current certifications to provide students with a coherent learning experience regardless of the discipline being learned. In addition, all AxcessRescue instructors have an in-depth, comprehensive knowledge of current standards and guidelines including NFPA, OSHA, ANSI, SPRAT, IRATA, NATE, IWCA, ISO and others. Our instructors are continually active in the real world working and performing rescues as workers and responders giving them a broad knowledge base that does not confine them to limited fire/rescue techniques.
Glenn Speight CSP, CIT, STS has an extensive background of over 25 years in industrial safety, work at height, and technical rescue including work, training, instruction and curriculum development. Glenn is actively involved in a Masters degree program, holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Safety and Health (summa cum laude) and a significantly wide range of certifications that include Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Instructional Trainer (CIT), Safety Trained Supervisor (STS), technical rescue, fall protection, competent climber, OSHA safety including Authorized General Industry Trainer, rigging, and Firefighter II, with instructor credentials in these areas. He also holds SPRAT Level III and Evaluator certifications, IRATA Level 3 certification, and NCCCO/NWSA Signalperson and Rigger I credentials. He has worked with and trained a wide variety of international students and organizations in industrial safety, work at height, and technical rescue, including engineering firms, urban building inspectors, fire departments, construction contractors, telecommunication tower workers, lineman, and many others. He is actively involved with manufacturers in product development and participates in standards development.
It is the policy of AxcessRescue not to discriminate or make explicit references of a discriminatory nature on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability as defined by Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act, gender, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, socioeconomic status or any other categories protected by federal or state law against any person. This applies within the learning environment and within the AxcessRescue work environment applicable to instructors and learners of AxcessRescue programs, services or activities. All individuals involved in continuing education/training will not be subject to discrimination.
AxcessRescue nor any of its instructors hold any proprietary interests or monetary gain from equipment sales. AxcessRescue does not participate in the sale of equipment. If any AxcessRescue instructor has proprietary interest in commercial services outside the realm of training unconnected with AxcessRescue, they are free to discuss this matter outside of the AxcessRescue training environment.
AxcessRescue retains all legal rights to the course content material presented in AxcessRescue courses. AxcessRescue respects intellectual and legal property rights for any material used in its learning events.
AxcessRescue COVID-19 Plan
As we navigate these uncertain times AxcessRescue remains committed to the safety of its students and instructors. We continue to be guided by the emergency guidelines of the state of New Jersey as well as the CDC and as such we will be resuming classes in June with the following changes to institute social distancing measures and help prevent the spread of COVID-19:
● Student temperatures will be taken with an infrared (no touch) thermometer at the start of each day, after lunch before resuming class, and at the end of class. Anyone with a temperature in excess of 100.4 will be given the opportunity to retake a class at least 21 days later at no charge.
● Masks and gloves will be available to all students during all AxcessRescue classes. If you have a preference, you are encouraged to bring your own.
● Students who have their own helmet with chinstrap are encouraged to bring them to class. AxcessRescue helmets will still be available for anyone who needs them.
● Learning in our classroom will be limited to no more than 6 students and one instructor. All but six chairs will be removed from the classroom to enforce this. Classroom instruction for larger classes will be held on the open training floor.
● Many of our skills props will be taken out of service to keep students spread out during practical skills and practice.
● Students will have designated props assigned to them to perform their skills to minimize students having contact with the same ropes.
● Students will also have dedicated equipment caches including a set of ropes to minimize sharing of equipment between students.
● Each student will have their own area for storing equipment and personal possessions.
● We will have floor markings for where students stand while observing demonstrations.
● Frequent handwashing will be required and encouraged. We have two handwashing stations which have distance markers placed on the floor.
● Practical skills practice will be limited to one person operations and dummy weights will be used for all rescues.
● AxcessRescue is following all manufacturer guidelines and instructions for cleaning equipment and will whenever possible, use different sets of equipment between different classes. No piece of equipment will be reused without a minimum of 72 hours downtime.
These measures will remain in effect until the CDC and the state of New Jersey deems them no longer necessary. If you have any questions about our COVID-19 procedures, please don’t hesitate to contact us by phone or email any time. We thank you for allowing AxcessRescue to continue to provide you with the best state of the industry training available.